If you find yourself unable to work due to a workplace injury or illness, you can now breathe a little easier. There is a Social Security Administration program called Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) that provides monthly payments to disabled persons who can no longer work and financially provide for themselves.

An important component of SSDI is the Social Security Administration Ticket to Work program. This program provides counseling, training, and job search assistance for people receiving SSDI benefits to help them return to employment. The Social Security Administration Ticket to Work program has a strong track record of returning people to rewarding and gainful employment.

To begin receiving Social Security Disability benefits under SSDI, you must first file a Social Security disability claim with the Social Security Administration. This requires documentation of your disability from medical professionals. The Social Security Administration also reviews non-medical evidence. This could include information from social workers, employers, and family members. However, if you do not meet all the requirements, your claim may be rejected. When an application has been denied, you may request a hearing before a Social Security administrative judge.

Requesting a Disability Appeal Hearing

You can request a Social Security disability appeal hearing where you will appear before an administrative law judge. If you haven’t retained a disabilities attorney already, you will want one by your side at this hearing. A disabilities attorney will help you gather and present the evidence that the administrative law judge will need to examine.

The first step is making a hearing request. This must be completed within 60 days from when you received your denial letter from the Social Security Administration. The form you need to submit is called Request for Hearing by Administrative Law Judge (HA-501). Once completed, you can mail or deliver the form to your local Social Security office. You can also complete the process online.

In addition to your request for a hearing, you will need to submit two additional forms: Disability Report – Appeal (SSA-3441), and Authorization to Disclose Information to the Social Security Administration (SSA-827). If you hire an attorney for representation, you will also need to complete an Appointment of Representative form (SSA-1696).

These forms allow you to explain why you do not agree with the Social Security Administration’s decision to deny benefits. You can also notify the Social Security Administration that you will be appearing in court and sending in additional medical evidence to support your claim.

Filling Out Form

Online Appeals

To appeal online, you must have already applied for disability benefits, and received a document called Notice of Decision. In the online application, you must update your disability report by including any new evidence from medical professionals or other sources indicating your current disabled condition. You must also complete the disability internet appeal application. Here you are required to update personal information and indicate if you will have legal representation or not.

Required Appeal Information

In your appeal, you will need to provide your social security number, notice of reconsideration or notice of decision, your lawyer’s phone number and address, witnesses’ phone numbers and addresses, medical descriptions of your disabled condition, and current medications. Remember to include any additional new medical evidence within 10 days of your hearing request filing date. Maintain organized records of all tests and doctors’ appointments, and keep your medical history up to date.

After you have been approved for benefits, contact DisABLEd Workers to learn more about the support available to you!

Disabled Workers is now A Path To Success

Click below to go to our new site